Sunday, August 24, 2014

Not sure where I am going but I am on my way anyway...

So it is hard to believe how quickly summer flew by- and about 50 of those 400 something days I have left being needed by my ever so active and lively 17 year old baby. It's been a while since I have blogged and I am still trying to figure out what I am exactly blogging about. But in these past few weeks (aka months) we had an awesome family +1 vacation in Aruba (one of my favorite beach locations in the world- if you haven't tried it you MUST put it on your BUCKET LIST), enjoyed time with extended family at birthdays and weddings, gotten 1 set of senior pictures made, did some car shopping (yes I am biting my nails) so Ellie can get herself around and I can stay mobile too, and began preparations to start the 14-15 academic year!

Wednesday will be Ellie's last first day of school. I am still in awe as to where on earth all this time has gone and how it went by so quickly. My work will be in full swing starting tomorrow- and I am positive that the next time I take some time to breathe I will be waking up on Christmas morning- that is how fast life is passing me by and that is why I am so desperate to find out who I am...and what is next.

I have given up on finding a show- the show I like is Modern Family. It is  in syndication so I can find it most times. I think new episodes are on a 9PM on some weeknight- but it really doesn't matter when that is. The one thing I found out was that I don't care much for watching shows- if it is on and entertaining I will watch it. My TV is on most times only to keep me company. Call me crazy but I just like the noise in the background and occasionally I find myself in full on conversations with Monty on TLC, Pete the Treehouse Master, Guy while he is visiting diners and dives, Natalie or Jenna on the Today Show...basically anyone who literally won't talk back. I am obsessed with all the "baby having" on the Today Show.  So stoked for @jennawolfe and @stephaniegosk- so happy for @savannahguthrie... (though I am 42 too- and I cannot imagine beginning motherhood today- I am tired and my hip hurts, good luck Savannah.)  I began reading The Happiness Project, but got distracted trying to create my own Happiness Project. Not that I am not happy but I am looking for something that might fill the void in life when I unbecome a mom.

Today Ellie and I shared some time getting a mani pedi- loved it. This is something I think I could get used to every few weeks- def a tradition I will carry on when I unbecome an everyday-I-depend-on-you-for-everything mom. I am really loving my subscription to BHG and browsing Two Peas in Their Pod (http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/) for yummy recipes to make when I become vegetarian (this will happen the day Ellie goes off to college- she is way too much of a carnivore for me). BHG may cause me to remodel my whole house- I am going to have to start entering every sweepstakes to get the money to do it!

In this summer I am realizing that even though I might unbecome mom a year from now- I am happy in my life and looking forward to the time to shop more, get regular manis and pedis and explore new cooking and baking challenges. I want to entertain more- maybe even on weeknights (I know people- settle down) and maybe my blog will focus on that. I am really looking forward to party planning for next summer- celebrating Ellie's graduation and getting her ready to send off to college. I am already pinning a lot of creative and awesome celebration ideas to my pinterest and thinking about what tasty treats I can make. I am also thinking about the opportunity to get off my duff and exercise more. My new favorite indulgence is Stitch Fix and I want to look GOOD in my "personal stylists" choices. (Def check out stitch fix is it soooo much fun.) Lastly I want to focus on saving for my beach house....because that is going to happen. Maybe not soon- but soon enough! So I have lots of ideas I just need to get focussed!

BEWARE UNBECOMING MOM FANS- we are in this together. I will narrow it down. Hopefully next time i won't be all over the place....but sometimes life has you all over the place and that happens to be where I am at...

No comments:

Post a Comment